Spanish primera división 06/07 - All your questions here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Huck, welcome back mate. Now you're here, why don't you tell us what you think of Calderon, the Madrid president's word about the squad?

For those who don't know what I am talking about Calderon went to an uni to speak to students, he thought there was not media, but a microphone recorded everything he said. Among other things

* David Beckham is a half-actor, not a footballer

* The crowd of Madrid goes to the stadium as if they were in the Opera, they do not cheer or sing like in England or Italy

* Guti, has always been a promise, but he's already 31 and he's still a promise

* He told how much earns Casillas, where as the second keeper earns less than 300.000 € a year.

If that's nothing, Mijatovic of their technical staff said that in the Real Madrid dressroom you can smell to alcohol some days (talking about Robinho's night)

As you can imagine this has been an earthquake, and although he beg por pardon there was a massive discussion between him and the squad. Beckham reportedly told him "that I respect my team mates, but I don't have the slighest respect towards you". Another team member told him that "tell things to the face, not hidden"

It was obvious to me that that dressroom needed some washing. I think they must allow Capello making his job. If they let him, Madrid will be big again.

About the few goals, to be honest I'm not watching much of la liga as of late. I feel that depressed after the RS games that I cannot be ársed to watch the Spanish "Match of the Day". But I don't think there's a pattern that suggest teams are specially defensive. Perhaps in madrid they have that perception because they're playing with 2 defensive midfielders often, and that has been rare there.

My local team has done some interesting signing ups, like the one of Savio, who surprised me how well he was for being 33, sheer class. We were unlucky against Valencia. Mori didn't impress me.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xerez_spain » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:05 pm

I think that Barça is playing worse than before, because it lacks eto'o, messi...
I don't know why have been few goals

By the way... My football team, xerez, seems that it has left the crisis, because yesterday it won,
Xerez 3-1 Sporting

Bye!!
Last edited by xerez_spain on Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm spanish person, My english is not good, but I will try that you understand to me.
Xerez is the best !!
xerez_spain

Postby Huck » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:15 am

Calderón's words...ufff...difficult to say how I feel about that (and I was at the stadium last Thursday and I think most of people there tought like me)...it's like all know he is right but we all agree that a Real Madrid's chairman should be more careful and try to be correct about what he says in public...sometimes I think he is somehow similar to Gaspar (chairman of Barça some years ago)...a kind of hooligan that has to do huge efforts to shut up and behave as what he is. Apart from last words on the players...there had been a lot of interviews and public speeches from him talking "too much". i think he has a lot to learn about his position.

As for the content, well, I think he only said what we all think, it's the team I support and I think they are all extremely talented players but there are too much money and fame inside the dressing room. Florentino's plan of bringing just super famous players seemed attractive at first but it has been really harmful for the club (both for football and relationships with the rest of the clubs). Now, an attempt to clean all that is being fulfilled but I'm afraid is going to be difficult: apart from all the harm caused that i have talked about before, Florentino's heritage has another consequence: he signed huge contracts whcih now are difficult to get rid of. (a mistake that I'm afraid the new chairman is repeating - Emerson's contract for instance)

Anyway....Hala Madrid!! :;):
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:24 am

Yeh I think you talk sense Huck.

When I was a children and a teenager, well I always hated Real Madrid, but at the same time felt big amounts of respect towards their football. Meaning, I didn't like them, but I was 1 hour and a half before the match expecting them, they were hated, but they were respected because they were a big club.

I agree on your diagnostic, now you should let Capello making a good cleansing, define what men like Mijatovic actually do in the club and recover that glorious past. The Club should be away of pressures like the one of Marca -who in this incident has defended ridiculously the players 'honour'- or the twáts that talk in the TV programme El Rondo -where's the old good Estudio Estadio program?-

Tough job, but it can be achieved. :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xerez_spain » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:52 pm

Betis 1-1 Barcelona, in the postponed football match,

Tomorrow and Sunday, it plays the 20th workind day (I don't know how that is said)
the football matchs are:

PRIMERA DIVISION: (FIRST DIVISION) (it plays the 20th workind day )
At. Madrid  -  Racing
Villarreal    R. Madrid
Zaragoza    Deportivo
Mallorca    Recreativo
Levante    Sevilla
R. Sociedad    Athletic
Getafe    Osasuna
Gimnàstic    Espanyol
Barcelona    Celta
Betis    Valencia

SEGUNDA DIVISION (SECOND DIVISION) (it plays the 22th workind day )

:D Xerez :D     Las Palmas
Valladolid    Sporting
Lorca    Numancia
Ponferradina    Albacete
R. Madrid Castilla    Castellón
Murcia    Salamanca
Ejido    Ciudad Murcia
Elche    Alavés
Málaga    Hércules
Tenerife    Almería
Vecindario    Cádiz
Last edited by xerez_spain on Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm spanish person, My english is not good, but I will try that you understand to me.
Xerez is the best !!
xerez_spain

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Sociedad v Bilbao , the Basque derby. Big game! Hope the Sociedad boys do the business for you Sabre. You need a win.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:21 pm

And we'll get it. Don't expect me anywhere near a computer tomorrow, we'll start drinking at 9am. Although we want to see our archenemies relegated, we drink the two crowds together with no violence and fair bantering.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:09 pm

Come on Sociedad!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:49 pm

Sabre, looking at the popularity of this thread, would it not be easier if I spoke to the other mods and saw if we could set up a new forum in the Worldwide Footy Section (or whatever it's called) purely for Spanish footy?

What do the other members think?
jonnymac1979

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:56 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Sabre, looking at the popularity of this thread, would it not be easier if I spoke to the other mods and saw if we could set up a new forum in the Worldwide Footy Section (or whatever it's called) purely for Spanish footy?

What do the other members think?

I think yes what about you?  :D

(you were really asking for that john  :D  )
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:57 pm

Yer, I should have known really that you can't end a question with the word 'think' around here?

What was I thinking? :D
jonnymac1979

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:23 am

I agree with Johny Mac.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:24 am

I think it's not necessary. There are not many threads in this international section, there are for instance threads of October in this same page.

I wouldn't open a specific Spanish section, but ask the users just to open more threads if they want to talk about something specifically.

FOr instance PacemakerAlonso could open a thread about David Albelda,  who he seems to like a lot   :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 80-1169754111 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:39 am

I follow Real Zaragoza in La Liga, I also look out for Valencia when I can because of the Liverpool connection, i have to say I am very frustrated with Zaragoza this season, I feel Zaragoza are more than capable of mounting a serious challenge, but the team are far too inconsistent. The lads slipped up against Osasuna and Recreativo de Huelva recently, I was pleased with how they played against Real Madrid and Valencia, but they didn't deserve to come away with 0 points. I'm hoping they keep on performing well, it would be nice for Zaragoza to get a place in an European competition.

Sunday 4th of March is the clash with Real Zaragoza vs Real Sociedad.

:cool:
80-1169754111

Postby 80-1169754111 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:03 am

Sabre wrote:I think it's not necessary. There are not many threads in this international section, there are for instance threads of October in this same page.

I wouldn't open a specific Spanish section, but ask the users just to open more threads if they want to talk about something specifically.

FOr instance PacemakerAlonso could open a thread about David Albelda,  who he seems to like a lot   :)

It's not necessary as it's only one player who I admire as a skipper more than anything else, he is someone who is very commanding of his team, which is something I like in football players.

It's not necessary to open a forum for La Liga when it doesn't seem to be widely discussed topic, I watch virtually all Zaragoza matches and have done for about eight years and I don't know enough about La Liga and Segunda División to contribute well to the discussion.

Sabre, if I may, where do you think Sociedad has gone wrong this season? Is it the defence, midfield, strikers or a combination? It strikes me as odd Sociedad being the bottom foot of the table, what with your team, which isn't poor on paper.

P.S is mikel alonso still in your team because he is Basque and speaks Euskara? Because he is like what Carragher is to Scousers?
80-1169754111

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion