Serie A thread - All things Italian football

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Red-er-Dare wrote:I bet those who go on about Rafa as though he is the only manager in LFC's history are dying to say give the man time at Inter, but unfortunately they are tied and bound by the sheer hypocrisy they'd exhibit for not having the same patience for Roy. As we well know, those who LOVE Rafa detest Roy because it was him who succeeded there pin-up manager at LFC, and they still have the time to find ample excuses for his latest unfortunate demise in football.

PS: I don't hate Rafa but I dislike the numpties who swear blind the man is the best thing since sliced bread [because of course they're soooo wrong :D ]

If they win the world club champions he wil have won 3 trophys already, whats Roy ever won? Og yeah the LMA from the Fergie wine club, seriously how anyone can mock Rafa when we have this clueless feckin owl face in charge is a hypocrit !!!!

cant people be critical of Rafa making a mess of his current job and think Roy isnt upto his job though ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:49 am

Rafa Benitez has warned Inter Milan to back him and strengthen the squad if they want to keep him as coach.

The former Liverpool boss has come under increasing pressure since taking over at the San Siro in the summer, with the European champions currently sitting seventh in the Serie A table, 13 points behind arch-rivals AC Milan with two games in hand.

But, on a more positive note, Benitez saw his side win 3-0 against Africa's TP Mazembe on Saturday to claim the Club World Cup.

Afterwards, the Spanish tactician issued what amounted to an ultimatum for the club to support him and strengthen the squad - or pay him off.

Three possibilities
He said: "There are three possibilities (for the club).

"One, 100 per cent support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.

"Two, carry on like this without a project, without planning and go ahead with one person to blame, for the whole season getting to May this way.

"The third is to speak to my agent, reach an agreement if there is not this support. Simple."

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:09 pm

kazza wrote:Rafa Benitez has warned Inter Milan to back him and strengthen the squad if they want to keep him as coach.

The former Liverpool boss has come under increasing pressure since taking over at the San Siro in the summer, with the European champions currently sitting seventh in the Serie A table, 13 points behind arch-rivals AC Milan with two games in hand.

But, on a more positive note, Benitez saw his side win 3-0 against Africa's TP Mazembe on Saturday to claim the Club World Cup.

Afterwards, the Spanish tactician issued what amounted to an ultimatum for the club to support him and strengthen the squad - or pay him off.

Three possibilities
He said: "There are three possibilities (for the club).

"One, 100 per cent support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.

"Two, carry on like this without a project, without planning and go ahead with one person to blame, for the whole season getting to May this way.

"The third is to speak to my agent, reach an agreement if there is not this support. Simple."

Message to Rafael Benitez from the Lads and Lasses from Liverpool

Come back home Lad ...and give us supporters a reason to believe we can compete with the very best in Europe again ,and no one in the Premiership can humiliate us    ... Give Taggart a genuine enemy otherwise he will wither away and perish if everyone loves him (Roy really loves him :hearts  :hearts )
You have a Scouse heart Rafa and its impossible to ignore the beat ...... Roy's trying to supposedly bring back the Boot Room ,but all he's doing is  filling a room  with clown shoes  :( 
so come back Rafa Lad you will always be welcome in Liverpool by the collective that goes under the title of  SCOUSER'S DON'T FORGET .......

"WE WON IT FIVE TIMES ...WE WON IT FIVE TIMES ..WITH THE REDMEN AND RAFA WE WON IT FIVE TIMES "
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:57 pm

"I am very happy, I want to dedicate this victory to everyone who never stopped believing in us, to my family in Spain and the UK, to Walter Samuel and everyone else who helped us to get here and to do well. We have a quieter period ahead now, but we need complete support if we are to continue: we can only improve if we get it." His choice of word was definitely "complete" and there's no misconstruing what he meant. To the contrary, he actually emphasized the concept even more: "When I say support, I mean making a move in the transfer market. I have spoken to Moratti about this so he knows what I'm talking about. I have done my job from day 1, I need to be able to control what the players do. If I get this support, which must be total and consistent, we can continue together and keep winning; otherwise I'll always be made the scapegoat of the situation and the team will not improve."

The clock is ticking. After speaking to TV reporters, Benitez made it quite clear at the press conference: "I deserve respect. I have taken all the blame and all the responsibility, but the club promised me three players in August. We didn't even get one. There are three options now: Inter can buy four new players immediately in January; we can carry on like this to the end of the season, and I'll be the only one blamed for the situation; or the president can talk to my agent and reach an agreement." What he meant is that he is ready to walk and is not prepared to take the flack for everything. As the clock ticks, the comments get tougher and tougher. Listen to this one: "Moratti spent €80 million last year for five players, all first class, first team players; with a new coach this year he hasn't spent anything. I don't know why, it was planned to buy some new players but then nothing happened. Maybe it was financial fair play or something else. Who knows. I was totally let down by the market this summer."

Benitez's agent Manuel Garcia Quilon, brought into the argument by the coach himself, issued a conciliatory statement to Radio Sportiva very shortly afterwards: “I talked to Rafa this evening, and he told me he was going away with his family. Benitez is happy, he is working very hard and putting his heart into it. He has had a lot of injuries to deal with and has hardly ever had the full team to train. The few times he did, he was at the top of the table. Then it was one injury after another. His future is at Inter, there's nothing else to say about it. Let's just see what happens. As for the market, you'll have to speak to Branca. He knows what Benitez wants for January. I don't know what he has asked for, I only know that he has asked the club for something."

Benitez was also careful to point out the problems with the team: "I want to know what the players are doing. It's been two years that they haven't been in the gym and to balance all the athletic work they are doing, they are going to the gym and that's when the problems and injuries start to appear." In other words, it seems that Inter players are going to the gym and not telling the coach about it. According to Benitez they did it in the past too. "Stankovic? The Spanish coach continued: "I inherited a lot of tired players and I had to make a choice. He will always be useful even from the bench."

Massimo Moratti is over the moon, but preferred not to respond to yet another reference to the market from his coach: "I am really happy for the players. This victory rounds off a highly successful season. When asked if Benitez had asked for reinforcements, he replied: "Not at the moment, it's not something we will make a decision about just now. We're celebrating just now because we have just finished a hugely satisfying year, the players are overjoyed. For now, we have to focus on moving onwards in the league, and getting as far as possible in the Champions League."

http://english.gazzetta.it/Footbal....6.shtml

Goodness me, and to think Roy has been accused of "deflecting the blame", "lowering standards" and such like. Well feck me what then is the acceptance by the manager of last season's treble-winning European Champions, the five times consecutive serie 'A' winners, that - with the same squad - to be 13 points adrift of the league leaders is actually to be expected? But yeah, let's bring him back straight away, great idea.
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Obviously it doesn't sit right with some ....but seriously could I honestly  give a fuck about anyone with a differing opinion .... especially as this forum is now something of an enigma in being the only one that advocates retaining the current manager .....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 pm

I don't think many do, in truth. Going by the Roy Hodgson thread it's clear that a majority on here don't believe Roy to be the man to put us back where we should be, challenging for the top honours on a regular basis. There isn't though as much of a consensus over when the change should take place, and to what extent he should still be respected.

Anyway, this isn't the Roy thread, it's the serie A thread where amongst other things we are allowed to discuss Rafa, warts and all. I'm sure there will be many Inter fans out there who similarly couldn't "give a f'uck" about the differing views of all the Liverpool fans who worship him.
LFC2007

Postby fivecups » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:51 pm

It is strange hearing the virtually deified Rafa, demand 'complete support' from the Inter fans, while those worshipping him are systematically driving our current manager out of the club.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:53 pm

I think that should read overwhelming  majority if we're being overly pedantic ..... as for what Inter fans think of our involvement, I would expect they're as intrigued as us at the inept coaching team  currently in position at the helm of Liverpool fc .... I would similarly expect half the football world to be scratching their heads in unison at  our choice of manager ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red-er-Dare » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:03 am

Goodness me, and to think Roy has been accused of "deflecting the blame", "lowering standards" and such like. Well feck me what then is the acceptance by the manager of last season's treble-winning European Champions, the five times consecutive serie 'A' winners, that - with the same squad - to be 13 points adrift of the league leaders is actually to be expected? But yeah, let's bring him back straight away, great idea.

Hypocrisy at its finest I'm afraid mate, especially as those who are hell bent on lowering themselves with all kinds of distasteful venom towards Roy and blaming him for lowering our standards. Those very same people believe Benitez walks on water and of course will no doubt support his latest 'blame game' over in Italy. The mind boggles... ???
Red-er-Dare

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Hail Rafa the Water Walker ....has a ring to it that ...cheers   :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrt » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Gab Marcotti's take on the Benitez situation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010....ex.html
mrt

Postby burjennio » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:47 pm

mrt wrote:Gab Marcotti's take on the Benitez situation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010....ex.html

Good read that, very impartial from a man who is an Inter fan and not the biggest admirer of Benitez. That article mentions the new spending guidelines that come into effect in the next couple of years, something Id forgotten about but really casts a shadow over how much money NESV can realistically pump int our transfer coffers.
burjennio

Postby Dundalk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Well he is gone from Inter

That didn't last long did it

Where to now!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Dundalk wrote:Well he is gone from Inter

That didn't last long did it

Where to now!!

he should open a job recruitment agency with all the compo he took off us and is about to take off inter. he can then offer first hand advice to those who have lost there jobs or been sacked. there carnt be a more experienced man in this field at the moment than rafa.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Inter are up 3-1 against Napoli, really pushing for more as well.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion