Serie A thread - All things Italian football

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:56 am

Ben Patrick wrote:the only way you could reignite julios belief is by YOU being the messiah  :D

Why does Rafa have the invincibility cloak ?
He clearly found it in the shire  :D

Shire .... that's a Lord of The Rings word isn't it ? cant say I'm a fan Ben ...but anyway lets talk about this cloak ..was that the same item of clothing that the fans of Hodgson used to conveniently disguise his cowardice in away games .... or was that the cloak of invisibility he used to disguise his chin
because lets face it we have seen more away wins this season than travelling fans have seen Roy's chin  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 am

Do inter still have a manager ?
Not long now i shouldnt think.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:56 am

alot of reports coming from italy Inter is about to replace Rafa with Leonardo (former AC Milan coach), all speculation ofcourse
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:57 am

metalhead wrote:alot of reports coming from italy Inter is about to replace Rafa with Leonardo (former AC Milan coach), all speculation ofcourse

that would be strange with his Milan background.
Wasnt he rubbish as manager of AC as well ?
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Yep he was, didn't win anything, and Inter fans are not liking it one bit
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Rafa for Newcastle job?

Inter look lost. Not sure Leonardo could pull this around this season. Big investment possibly needed?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:48 pm

at the moment inter are without cesar, maicon, chivu, lucio, samuel, milto, stankovic and sjneider through injury. hardly surprised they're struggling.

rafa should never have gone there though. he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Red-er-Dare » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 pm

''Always on a hiding to nothing''

He's taken over the reigning champions of Europe and Serie A :laugh:
Red-er-Dare

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:04 pm

stmichael wrote:at the moment inter are without cesar, maicon, chivu, lucio, samuel, milto, stankovic and sjneider through injury. hardly surprised they're struggling.

rafa should never have gone there though. he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing.

mate, he took a team that won the treble and now they are languishing in 10th place....
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Red-er-Dare wrote:''Always on a hiding to nothing''

Yes I know and I'd still expect them to be performing much better, irrespective of injuries.

Al I'm saying is that whoever followed Maureen would be in for a tough ride. He certainly knows how to get out of clubs at the right time I'll give him that. Last season was so intense and he managed to squeeze every last inch out of that squad. However they haven't brought anybody in the summer to add to what was already an ageing squad where as the other clubs all strengthened. It's hardly a coincidence that most of the first eleven are now all injured at the same time, probably as a result of having played so many games.

They've got the World Club Championship in a few weeks aswell. If they don't win that I think he'll definitely be out.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:21 pm

stmichael wrote:
Red-er-Dare wrote:''Always on a hiding to nothing''

Yes I know and I'd still expect them to be performing much better, irrespective of injuries.

Al I'm saying is that whoever followed Maureen would be in for a tough ride. He certainly knows how to get out of clubs at the right time I'll give him that. Last season was so intense and he managed to squeeze every last inch out of that squad. However they haven't brought anybody in the summer to add to what was already an ageing squad where as the other clubs all strengthened. It's hardly a coincidence that most of the first eleven are now all injured at the same time, probably as a result of having played so many games.

They've got the World Club Championship in a few weeks aswell. If they don't win that I think he'll definitely be out.

Its amazing how blinkered some people can be.
How did Mourinho squeeze so much out ?

Man management more than likely.

By the way they now have Coutinho and Biabiany that were not there last season.
2 top looking players.
Ben Patrick

Postby worcester_red » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:the only way you could reignite julios belief is by YOU being the messiah  :D

Why does Rafa have the invincibility cloak ?
He clearly found it in the shire  :D

Shire .... that's a Lord of The Rings word isn't it ? cant say I'm a fan Ben ...but anyway lets talk about this cloak ..was that the same item of clothing that the fans of Hodgson used to conveniently disguise his cowardice in away games .... or was that the cloak of invisibility he used to disguise his chin
because lets face it we have seen more away wins this season than travelling fans have seen Roy's chin  :D

Maybe fans like Ben Patrick prefer to support the current manager, I know I do.

Rafa has been found out, there can be no excuses, he inherited a CL and Serie A winning team and is making them into an average team. What will it take for you to see Rafa for what he is or will you always have some convenient excuse, much like the "great" man has himself?
worcester_red

Postby neil » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Its a bit sad really. Have the Inter Milan owners been upto any skullduggery?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Moratti on Benitez's future:

"I don't want to create problems neither before nor during the Club World Cup. Then we'll see."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Its amazing how blinkered some people can be.

C'Mon Ben, you've spent the last two pages saying Benitez is a sh*te manager and been found out. The man won 2 La Ligas and the UEFA Cup with Valencia and the CL and FA Cup with Liverpool. Not the CV of a sh*t manager. The blinkers that large parts of this forum suffer from are in relation to their standings against the other side in the Pro/Anti debate. Every piece of rationality seems to have long since disappeared in that department. One the one hand, people are praying for the day when Benitez walks through the Shankly Gates again as manager, and the other is guys like yourself just ommitting his entire history as a manager except the last 18 months. Until last night I though a touch of common sense had been restored to Newkit but it seems I jumped to conclusions.

FWIW I think the problems at Inter lie with Rafas playing style rather than the injuries or him being a "sh*t" man manager. He inherited a side that under Mourinho liked to sit deep and counter whereas Rafa plays a high tempo pressing game that, in my estimation anyway, he was never going to convince an experienced side that had just won everything to buy into, nevermind fully commit to building up the sheer athleticm it takes implement such a tactic. Lucio, Zanetti, Cambassio even Sneijder - great players but not exactly bursting with energy and pace. Take a look at the slow tempo of Italian football in general then compare it how Rafa set out at Anfield on most European nights. Pressing high up the pitch with everyone working hard to close down opponents not giving them a second on the ball - Italy hadnt seen a tackle in the opposing end in 40 years ffs! Defending starts in your own half and with the exception of Samuel Eto'o who had been playing the pressing style with such success under Guardiola at Barca in my opinion anyway no one at Inter wants to know about "high tempo" and "playing between the lines"
burjennio

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion