Serie A thread - All things Italian football

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:They won the treble last season and havent sold any key players.
They have Coutinho and Biabiany back who they did not last season who both look quality and are still struggling.
Who has strengthened so much ?
Every team in the league ?
6 wins from 15 is shocking whatever way you look at it.

Exactly. Inter won the treble last season and have won the league for the past five seasons. It's a wonder they didn't spend much in the summer :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:They won the treble last season and havent sold any key players.
They have Coutinho and Biabiany back who they did not last season who both look quality and are still struggling.

Exactly. Inter won the treble last season and have won the league for the past five seasons. It's a wonder they didn't spend much in the summer :laugh:

Look they have been without around 12 players all in all. That's enough to hurt any team.

All other teams have invested in their squads heavily whilst Inter have sold their attacking wildcard. They have an aging squad so injuries were always a potential issue.

Chelsea won the double last season but look at them now. Why are they struggling? Is it Ancelotti's fault? They have had massive injuries too. I think you are glossing over that fact too much.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:15 pm

where is that tiny f*cking violin?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:29 pm

It's up bigmicks ar.se mate

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:40 pm

bavlondon wrote:It's up bigmicks ar.se mate

I'll get me marigolds  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:It's up bigmicks ar.se mate

I'll get me marigolds  :D

:D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:17 am

Look they have been without around 12 players all in all. That's enough to hurt any team.

All other teams have invested in their squads heavily whilst Inter have sold their attacking wildcard. They have an aging squad so injuries were always a potential issue.

Chelsea won the double last season but look at them now. Why are they struggling? Is it Ancelotti's fault? They have had massive injuries too. I think you are glossing over that fact too much.

Where are Chelsea in the league, mate? And where are Inter? ???

You're mistaken if you think I'm "glossing over" the injury problems they've had to deal with, it's simply that - like Ben said - whichever way you look at it, 6 wins from 15 is shocking. If anyone is guilty of avoiding the truth of the matter it's probably yourself, because neither those injuries nor the fact that they sold Balotelli (who barely featured last season) explain why a side that won the treble last season currently finds itself 10 points behind the leaders.
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 am

Its simple, they are underachieving, whether they will get out of the blip or not, time will tell. Rafa have been there before and he knows how to get out of it.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:20 am

LFC2007 wrote:

Where are Chelsea in the league, mate? And where are Inter? ???

You're mistaken if you think I'm "glossing over" the injury problems they've had to deal with, it's simply that - like Ben said - whichever way you look at it, 6 wins from 15 is shocking. If anyone is guilty of avoiding the truth of the matter it's probably yourself, because neither those injuries nor the fact that they sold Balotelli (who barely featured last season) explain why a side that won the treble last season currently finds itself 10 points behind the leaders.

I would think the fact that Inter played nearly double the amount of games last season as Lazio and most of those above them has got something to do with it. I read somewhere that most of the squad is still physically shattered as Mourinho was always pushing another 10 minutes out of them. An aging squad can't do that for a full season without encountering problems later, IMO.

FWIW, I also read that the players realised that Benitez was getting them to play more stylish football than Mourinho ever did, and they acknowledged that this approach would take time but would be worth it in the end. Of course, a lot of them miss Mourinho, too, but that's hardly surprising after what they won.
Ring-of-Fire

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:54 am

10 points away from the leaders (like us))............ Seems to me that benitez is proving my theory right. He is the spanish version of roy hodgson   :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red-er-Dare » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 am

NotA.rsed.com
Red-er-Dare

Postby TarnRed » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:01 am

bavlondon wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

They may have had injuries but they haven't been all at the same time as far as I'm aware.

Should a team consisting of Santon, Lucio, Cordoba, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic, Pandev, Sneijder, Eto'o be getting turned over by Chievo?.

Should a team consisting of Santon, Cordoba, Lucio, Chivu, Zanetti, Biabiany, Coutinho, Pandev, Eto'o, Stankovic, Milito be struggling to a draw against the perenial strugglers that are Lecce?.

Should a team that were only missing Cambiasso and Julio Cesar be struggling against Brescia at home?.

They are a few examples I could go on, and the answer to my own question is no they should not be struggling against the likes of those teams especially when you can still put out and extremely strong team.

Stop trying to gloss over the fact with injuries as at the minute our ex boss who I have no hatred for whatsoever is making a massive mess of things over in Italy, with a very talented squad of 32 players. He may get it right long term but at the minute he's not and that's plain and simple.
TarnRed

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:00 pm

2-0 down against bottom of the group Werder Bremen inter are currently.
If you count champions league and serie games that is now 9 wins in 21 matches for the treble winners last season.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Dundalk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Feckin hell Rafa are you on some kind of a secret mission we dont know about over there?

Am I right in thinking that because they finish second in the group that play Madrid?
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Dundalk wrote:Feckin hell Rafa are you on some kind of a secret mission we dont know about over there?

Am I right in thinking that because they finish second in the group that play Madrid?

No mate IF they finish second they will play one of the other group winners.
They just cant play another italian team or spurs.

So its looking like

Schalke
United
Barca
Bayern Munich
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Shakhtar Donetsk/Arsenal
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion