Serie A thread - All things Italian football

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:Presumably as many that makes it mathematically impossible for them to win? Can't remember if it was the 1st or 2nd year they won la liga but in one of them they were way off the pace, more than 9 points and they eventually came back.

Probability, bav. It's still mathematically possile for us to win the premier league, even though it's a virtual certainty that we won't. Inter are a different kettle of fish, obviously, since they are/were the team to beat; the Chelsea of the division. It's true that teams have been known to pull back 9 points or more (e.g. Arsenal - 97/98) to win the title, and if any team in Europe has the ability to do that now, it's Inter. They've the players, the winning experience, but do they have the manager? I wouldn't pull the trigger just yet but that's just me. I think managers should be given a reasonable amount of time to pull it back. The reality is that in Italy, and in football and life in general, people are less patient.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 pm

tbh I don't think he will get the chance mate, he will be sacked before Jan.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:15 pm

bavlondon wrote:tbh I don't think he will get the chance mate, he will be sacked before Jan.

well he deserves to make his own changes, id give him january, or whats the point
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:26 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Aquilani v Inter

Makes football look easy ,is the biggest compliment I could give him

football IS easy when nobody tries to take the ball of you, mate  :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:28 pm

andy_g wrote:

Everyones been doing that against inter this seaon as well
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:36 pm

andy_g wrote:

I thought he made it look equally easy when he played for the Reds though Andy ....and whilst wanting to stay clear of the tackling debate a good footballer will stand out even on Sefton Park lad ... that's why scouts have a relatively easy time  opting for the talented ones....  some players make it look easy and that's what makes them special ,,,that's all I was saying Lad   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:50 pm

andy_g wrote:

Best assist record in the league last season.

I don't know for sure what the details are surrounding this loan deal but id like him back for next season. TBH He is the sort of player we are missing this season. Had a great game again today. In fact id go so far as to say he is one of the best CM's in Italy right now.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:54 pm

have we loaned him for the season or can we get him back in January? Theres always more to these things, reasons we let him go on loan, whether it was injury, homesick, we thought we were sorted with cole and Meireles or whatever...
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:have we loaned him for the season or can we get him back in January? Theres always more to these things, reasons we let him go on loan, whether it was injury, homesick, we thought we were sorted with cole and Meireles or whatever...

I think it's a season long loan mate. In theory we should be able to recall him but I read some tweet from Paolo Bandini (some Italian football journo) that we can only get him back if Juve decide not to make it permanent. Not sure how that's possible but he was effectively saying it's in their hands. Hope it's :censored:.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:57 pm

bavlondon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:have we loaned him for the season or can we get him back in January? Theres always more to these things, reasons we let him go on loan, whether it was injury, homesick, we thought we were sorted with cole and Meireles or whatever...

I think it's a season long loan mate. In theory we should be able to recall him but I read some tweet from Paolo Bandini (some Italian football journo) that we can only get him back if Juve decide not to make it permanent. Not sure how that's possible but he was effectively saying it's in their hands. Hope it's :censored:.

well like i said, theres a reason we loaned him out, id take the money now o be honest, still dont think he was suited to our league, no matter how awesome he is in italy
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:59 pm

But it wasn;t that he is only awesome in Italy mate. Last season he had the best assist record in the league. He was not only adapting to a new league but he was also getting over an injury. Now finally he is over the injury and we ship him out before a ball is even kicked. Fecking Purslow.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 pm

bavlondon wrote:
But it wasn;t that he is only awesome in Italy mate. Last season he had the best assist record in the league.

Bav that cant be right surely?
burjennio

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:11 pm

burjennio wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
But it wasn;t that he is only awesome in Italy mate. Last season he had the best assist record in the league.

Bav that cant be right surely?

Sorry correction, best assist maker in the 2nd half of last season. Was still a mistake to let him go imo. Creativity is what we have been lacking this season.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yeah AC have strengthened a lot in the last 12 months. They should win the league. It's as you were now before the calciopoli.

I dont think so Bav

Rafa has a team that have just been crowned CL winners and won the league 5 years in a row

Inter were nowhere near that level before calciopoli.

Rafa needs time, same way Roy does at Liverpool, it would be a shame if he was sacked before he got a proper crack at it. Give him time and it will come good at Inter. He is a good manager and it will happen eventually.

I just hope that none of the inter fans are calling him names and making funny pictures of him on their forums!

Now that would be bad form........   :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Dundalk wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Yeah AC have strengthened a lot in the last 12 months. They should win the league. It's as you were now before the calciopoli.

I dont think so Bav

Rafa has a team that have just been crowned CL winners and won the league 5 years in a row

Inter were nowhere near that level before calciopoli.

Rafa needs time, same way Roy does at Liverpool, it would be a shame if he was sacked before he got a proper crack at it. Give him time and it will come good at Inter. He is a good manager and it will happen eventually.

I just hope that none of the inter fans are calling him names and making funny pictures of him on their forums!

Now that would be bad form........   :D

When I say it's as it was, I don't mean in terms on Inter, I mean in terms of their 2 closest rivals: Milan and Juve. Both teams have been strengthening over the last few years but this year they both look solid.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion