Maradona gets argentina job - How long will this last.....

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:06 pm

THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:10 pm

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:36 pm

his interview today was class :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:57 am

cheating bstd.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:26 am

Can someone tell me if this is correct . I got told that Barcalona an Messi have a contract with Argentina that he wont appear in freindlies  is this true or not
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:52 am

NANNY RED wrote:Can someone tell me if this is correct . I got told that Barcalona an Messi have a contract with Argentina that he wont appear in freindlies  is this true or not

from the bbc

Argentina superstar Lionel Messi will not face Scotland at Hampden when the nations meet for a November friendly.

Barcelona have successfully lobbied for Messi to be rested, having reluctantly released him for the Olympics.

The SFA had agreed a deal for Argentina's full squad to come to Glasgow on 19 November but the visitors have decided to withdraw Messi.

"After negotiations with Barca, we have come to the conclusion we must take care of Messi," said an AFA spokesman.

"So that means he is excused for the friendly matches against Scotland in November and France in February. It is common sense.

"However, Messi is the only Argentina player who will be given permission not to play."

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:00 pm

What a cheek though Andy mind you maybe Rafa should do a deal with Spain.

I posted in another thread me stomach is gonna be in bits tonight when Spain play Chile i watched them last month play Argentina an they dont half go in hard . ill be shitting myself hoping all are players return home fit.  I know this is about Argentina in here but if anyone is gonna warch the Spain game keep an eye out for a kid called Fabian Orellana who plays for Chile  ive been raving about this lad since i first seen him play an very soon he will be at a top top club. Worth a sneaky look from Rafa imo get him while cheap
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Lee J wrote:cheating bstd.

get over it

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:51 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2008/nov/18/diego-maradona-coach

Will be an awesome moment to see the master back in football - a new era for him !

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:01 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Can someone tell me if this is correct . I got told that Barcalona an Messi have a contract with Argentina that he wont appear in freindlies  is this true or not

It's true Nan - but rumour has it that Messi wanted to play in Diego's first game.

This clause came about where friendlies were being played in the America's causing jet lag problems with players in Europe, where most now live and play aka Mash - and of course the Olympics.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:11 pm

Does Diego still have the touch of a leader?

Maradona's appointment as Argentina manager has captured the world's attention, but can he inspire his new players like he used to inspire his team-mates?

Practically every Fifa member country has an international friendly tomorrow night, yet a single image of a Scottish ballboy assigned to Argentina's training session in Glasgow yesterday afternoon has made it into newspapers around the world. Proof, if any were needed, that the new Argentina manager's every move is being keenly followed by the world media. From Jakarta to Japan, all over Europe and the Americas, the child who found Fernando Gago's little chain, lifted into the air by Maradona himself: stop the presses.

"Scotland's international friendly match against Argentina has generated a phenomenal worldwide TV interest," reads a press release from Kentaro, who market Argentina's friendlies. "More than 150 countries will broadcast Wednesday's clash … encompassing all major TV territories across the globe." If interest from broadcasters is normally high for Argentina games "needless to say the appointment of a living legend like Diego Maradona has increased [this] interest even further," continues Kentaro's CEO. "We expect phenomenal viewing figures."

As Jorge Valdano wrote in Spain this week, Diego returns to Europe for his debut as national manager "but also to remind us of his enormous media power". Plenty of people believe Diego's appointment by Argentina is motivated entirely by the need to generate the kind of revenue that comes from broadcasting live football to 150 countries across all major TV territories. Nevertheless, analysing his impact is a worthwhile exercise, because to quote Valdano again: "This man's power speaks of the power of football."

It was Victor Hugo Morales, the legendary Uruguay commentator, who described Diego to me once as "always the best player in every match he played; the most efficient of the artistic players and the most artistic of the efficient ones. He never made a play or move that didn't make sense for the team". Victor Hugo went on to highlight Diego's sense of responsibility. "As far as I can remember he never did anything only for its artistic value - he always put it all to the service of the team's efficiency, and when he had to take on responsibilities - personal responsibilities as the leader of the team - fractured, injured, under enormous physical constraints like for example in Italy, he did it."

This sense of Maradona as a leader, as a natural captain on the pitch and an influential guide off it, is very much what the squad and indeed the country are banking on, given his lack of formal management experience. As a player, he famously led an outspoken complaint against João Havelange, then head of Fifa, regarding the match schedules in Mexico 1986 - which were timed to suit European TV broadcasters and put the players at risk of sunstroke under the heat. "We were all :censored: through our :censored:," might not be the most diplomatic of arguments, but one can see how the other players would feel represented.

Always the voice of his team-mates, the one to argue over prize money or other such issues on everybody's behalf, Diego was above all regarded as an on-pitch leader. A couple of years ago, Valdano told me: "Maradona was a technical leader: a guy who resolved all difficulties that may come up on the pitch. Firstly, he was in charge of making the miracles happen, that's something that gives team-mates a lot of confidence. Secondly, the scope of his celebrity was such that he absorbed all the pressures on behalf of his team-mates. What I mean is: one slept soundly the night before a game not just because you knew you were playing next to Diego and Diego did things no other player in the world could do, but also because unconsciously we knew that if it was the case that we lost then Maradona would shoulder more of the burden, would be blamed more, than the rest of us. That was the kind of influence he exercised on the team - I would say it's more technical than social."

As Maradona led his first group of players through training yesterday, it was possible to hear him shout encouragement now and again to the players. But the essence of his leadership, the miracle-making quality that his mere presence used to suggest to his team, will he be able to replicate that now?

His team-mates of old say how very reassuring it would be to line up with him and sense that opponents were afraid, even before exiting the tunnel. How he played like he had eyes on the back of his neck and was always alert and ready to return any pass, perfectly.

Although many attempts have been made to separate the talents of the player from the rest of the man's life, Valdano's column this week argues superbly for the impossibility of such a task. "Through his volcanic personality, with that look of a poor man with money, with the language of an unpolished revolutionary, with that energy that seemed indestructible", he spoke for the masses, for all those who shared his backrgound. Valdano says the establishment and the powers within the industry - instinctively sensing danger - declared Maradona an enemy. They accepted him as a player "because art redeems and on a pitch the revolting can appear sublime", but after the match, the bourgeoisie speak of two Maradonas. "Yes to the player, no to the man." But to the masses, to the people who adore him, he is only one. "The One and Only."

Now, as he joins the elite - this time not as an athlete but as a fully-fledged member of the establishment, the man, manager, player and celebrity who inhabit that one body will have to ooze the intangible belief in miracles, to help his players sleep soundly just because he's around, and at the same time raise the children of the world up in the air. Whatever his leadership abilities as a coach, the cameras are waiting. Ready to broadcast live to over 150 countries

http://www.guardian.co.uk/footbal....gentina

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 am

Maradona puts faith in Masch

New skipper only man guaranteed his spot
Last updated: 20th November 2008

Diego Maradona admits new Argentina captain Javier Mascherano is the only player guaranteed a place in his team.

Liverpool midfielder Mascherano has replaced Javier Zanetti as the national team's skipper following Maradona's appointment as coach.

Mascherano led Argentina to a 1-0 win over Scotland in Maradona's first game in charge in Wednesday night's friendly at Hampden Park.

Maradona has an array of talent at his disposal and the 1986 World Cup winning captain admits only Mascherano can expect to keep his spot.

"Taking Mascherano aside, nobody has a place secured in my team," Maradona told Radio La Red. "It doesn't matter what his name is."

Maradona also praised Zanetti for his reaction to losing the captaincy, adding: "He proved he is a gentleman, he wants to go forward and keep playing."

Confidence
Meanwhile, Carlos Tevez is confident Argentina can enjoy a successful period under Maradona after praising the new coach's impact.

Tevez told Radio 10: "A new stage has begun and the team have started in the direction we want to go to make history.

"We only trained on Monday and Tuesday. It's not much, but these days were very useful to raise the mood of the guys. The will to win was back thanks to Diego.

"I am very happy with Diego's debut as coach. He can do very special things for us, and give us confidence."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_4526834,00.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice to see Diego having a lot of faith in Mascher's qualities: not even Messi (imo the worlds best player atm) is guaranteed a starting place, but our Mascher is :cool:. If Diego get this very talented bunch of argentinian players to gel, there's quite a realistic chance that Mascher could be lifting the world cup come 2010 me thinks.
JamCar05

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:11 pm

In terms of football, I share Zarababe's admiration to Maradona's quality. LEaving aside the hand of God and all that, I'm talking at what we could watch whenever he had the ball. I'll always remember when we threw him an orangine in the old ground and he bloody controlled it with the boot not allowing to go it down :O

But I predict a failure as a coach due to his personality. Time will tell, though.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:09 pm

zarababe wrote:
Practically every Fifa member country has an international friendly tomorrow night, yet a single image of a Scottish ballboy assigned to Argentina's training session in Glasgow yesterday afternoon has made it into newspapers around the world. Proof, if any were needed, that the new Argentina manager's every move is being keenly followed by the world media.

theyve been following him since 1986, since mexico to be precise
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:18 pm

Sabre wrote:In terms of football, I share Zarababe's admiration to Maradona's quality.

But I predict a failure as a coach due to his personality. Time will tell, though.

ok  :lookaround

:D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion