Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Zidane » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

I REALLY want this deal to be finalized asap.
Zidane

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Yep me too - wonder if Torres' feels the new kid on the block would takeover his 'darling of the kop' status, and thought he'd jump ship before the new kid..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:07 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Which part of my comment was open to interpretation then ? Yes of course it's a bad signing...he's a headcase that bloke.

dude every player is a headcase for you. maybe YOU are the nutty one  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:14 pm

zarababe wrote:Yep me too - wonder if Torres' feels the new kid on the block would takeover his 'darling of the kop' status, and thought he'd jump ship before the new kid..

I didn't think Torres was that shallow, but then again, yet another lesson learned this weekend.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Think  about it - he's been sh'ite for Spain, yeh won the wc, but off the back of the manager getting stick in Spain for selecting him.

He's been poor for LFC  - and recenlty hit some heights.. Suarez could (I pray) outshine him quite easily ..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Lets not forget Suarez is a world class addition to the squad, his eye for a goal is breathtaking whether it be the easy tap in or the downright spectacular ...his first touch and ball control is precise and smooth.... and he's a team player who can bring others into play .... if Torres stays this season then the union of him and Suarez will be a joy to watch ...if he leaves then he is probably leaving the most soon to be exciting team in the League ............. WELCOME TO ANFIELD LUIS SUAREZ AKA EL PISTELERO I look forward to you lighting up the Kop
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:56 pm

El Pistolero!!! welcome to the best club in the world :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shabelle50 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:52 pm

zarababe wrote:Yep me too - wonder if Torres' feels the new kid on the block would takeover his 'darling of the kop' status, and thought he'd jump ship before the new kid..

I suspect that Suarez's imminent arrival has accelerated Torres's wish to leave. I'm sure it more than crossed his mind that he could end up being rotated in the premiership games till the end of the season with Suarez even if they worked as a partnership and that the fans would look to Suarez as the next hero.

I also think Torres advisors have probably advised him that if he doesn't leave Liverpool now he could end up playing second fiddle to Suarez in the future and that the club no longer hold Torres in the regard they did previously.
shabelle50

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Welcome to the club lad, if you see a spanish pansy in training, BITE the fecker! :D
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Top ten Suarez goals as voted by Ajax fans on Ajax tv
Ajax tv
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Hopefully Suarez doesn't back out... we haven't completed the deal.  He wanted to play here because of Torres and because of Spanish speaking players... well we just lost one. :(

However, the thing Suarez can do that Torres couldn't is PASS.  I've never thought Torres was much of a basic simple passer, he loses the ball way too often from simple passes.  Suarez is a support striker who can pass.  He can chip in little crosses when he's sitting on the outside of the box as well. 

Welcome to Anfield Suarez, we look forward to many years of success!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Back out? He was having his medical earlier, can't see him backing out. But tbh I wouldn't have any press conference either as all the media would be asking about Torres.

Sorry we haven't been able to welcome you properly El Pistolero.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:30 pm

if i was Luis i'd be happy that the media spotlight is elsewhere.

Here's our most exspenive ever player and barely a word has been written or said about him. What better way to join a new club, than miss all the media b0ll0cks and slip under the radar.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shabelle50 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:35 pm

I hope he isn't put off by the Torres fuore and wondering what he's walking into. Nevertheless it's cheered me up watching his 10 best goals for Ajax thanks for the video. I think we'll begin to forget about Torres in time once Suarez starts knocking in the goals for us.
shabelle50

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Has he sign already with LFC ?
LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion