International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Looks like the dogs nuts.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:47 pm

so sharp today and very unlucky not to have scored.when he finds his feet he will be a class act.
one of the few positives from todays game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:28 pm

I thought he played extremely well today but the service for him wasn't great.  He worked really hard to win the ball and is extremely clever I can't wait till he gets a few games under his belt.. unfortunately that might be a while. :(
Zidane

Postby laza » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:08 am

Fantastic performance , the Swerve looks a real livewire who  is going to be giving defenders nightmares for many seasons to come.

My only negative is I prefer he didnt  fall down so easily or theatrically in a some of challenges.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 am

He has a much better alround game than Torres that's for sure.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:40 am

We've got rid if a sulking, moping, "he aint good enough to be playing with me" (although at times gifted) dude, to a multi-talented "fight for everything" box player. How sweeter does it come? We all know who's gonna have the last laugh. Karma indeed
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:21 am

laza wrote:Fantastic performance , the Swerve looks a real livewire who  is going to be giving defenders nightmares for many seasons to come.

My only negative is I prefer he didnt  fall down so easily or theatrically in a some of challenges.

Ill second that !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 am

aCe' wrote:
laza wrote:Fantastic performance , the Swerve looks a real livewire who  is going to be giving defenders nightmares for many seasons to come.

Ill second that !

actually i quite welcome it.

i know its cheating but, if he can win dangerous free kicks because of that, and then gerrard whips in a ball that lands on carroll's head and ends up in the back of the net i'll take the diva diving any day.

we have our own cristiano ronaldo in that sense.  :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:22 pm

yeah agree with the above poster. who cares how the game is won anyway. its about time we had our share of lucky free kicks and penalties that were never supposed to be. besides, this is the same player who willingly used his hand to save a goal-bound shot in the WC. the passion, desire and desperation to win is something most of the Liverpool players have been lacking. he can dive all he wants, just win the game for us.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Zidane wrote:I can't wait till he gets a few games under his belt.. unfortunately that might be a while. :(

huh?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:56 pm

I think we might be looking at a foreigner who can/will adapt to the EPL quickly and without major fuss. His physique, speed of play and thought seem that of someone who will fit right into this league. Looked really sharp yesterday and I can't wait for him to get fit and in a line up including Carroll, Gerrard, Meireles, Maxi and Kuyt.

That is some attacking line up and when you look at who we might bring in this summer then we are cooking on gas :D
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:23 pm

metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:I can't wait till he gets a few games under his belt.. unfortunately that might be a while. :(

huh?

Our next premier league match is two weeks away.  I know people at first hate the diving and making a big deal of little fouls but all the top teams have players that do that so maybe it's a sign.  Soon as those turn into goals people will start minding less and less. :D
Zidane

Postby Alex88 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Zidane wrote:Our next premier league match is two weeks away.

WHY??
Alex88

Postby shabelle50 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Alex88 wrote:
Zidane wrote:Our next premier league match is two weeks away.

WHY??

It's FA cup fifth round weekend next week so no actual premiership games planned although there may be a couple of rearranged ones on sunday I believe. The Europa games will still be on this week and next home and away.
shabelle50

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:17 am

Suarez is gonna be a class act for us, was unlucky to not get a brace on his first start. Not to fussed about his play acting personally as every team is littered with divers so it wont give us an unfair advantage over others. Would like it out the game full stop but thats not gonna happen. I thought he looked better when Miereles came off and he played behind Ngog, although Ngog couldnt hold up a balloon if it was tied to him he still got more involved in the game. I hope when Carroll is fit we see him play behind him with Mierels and Gerrard. Watching Aurielo the last few games id love to see him in midfield with Lucas more often to keep things simple and most importantly not giving the ball away to much trying the hollywood pass. Gerrard for everything he offere to us in attack is frustrating in CM as he gives the ball away needlessly looking for a lone striker with a 45 yarder which more often then not gives the ball straight back to them.

Hope Suarez keeps up the good work.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion