International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Signed earlier I believe.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:16 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Has he sign already with LFC ?

done and dusted
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:22 pm

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:20 pm

:) Good to see him, I hope he manages to fill the boots hes taking over from, Hope he goes out against stoke and gets a Hat Trick
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 pm

He is giving a sky interview at 11pm GMT tonight

:buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Dirk Kuyt called him today and told him he joined a fantastic club and will be helping out to settle him

well in dirk! :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shabelle50 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:43 pm

I feel a bit sorry for Suarez. He was already under enough pressure coming to a club like Liverpool for such a huge fee. The Torres story today has taken the heat off him temporarily but if Torres goes Suarez will be under huge pressure to get off to a good start in the team. I don't want to criticise the club in the present circumstances but from every perspective I think it would have been better to have concluded this deal much earlier in the transfer window. I'm not saying Torres would have decided to stay had that happened. I think Liverpool have been deliberately stitched up by Torres agent who cottoned on to the Suarez deal and played this timing to perfection so that the club woudn't have time to replace Torres before Monday.
shabelle50

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:44 pm

if he comes out with I.ve been a LFC fan all my life. Am going to jump off the liverbuildings with my Torres shirt on
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby ethanr » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:52 pm

I hope he's not the player that cares he's not getting all the spot light.  Slips below and then jumps back on when he scores a brace agains stoke in his debut :)
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:54 pm

I think this lad has a big personality and will fight for Liverpool. Weve had a few quiet ones of late but this kid comes with a reputation for being a warrior on the field. He may step over the mark on occasion but you get the impression he will run his heart out for Liverpool every time he pulls on that shirt. Im sure Dalglish will have seen this in him and its exactly what we need, players with passion and a will to win.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:22 pm

zarababe wrote:Think  about it - he's been sh'ite for Spain, yeh won the wc, but off the back of the manager getting stick in Spain for selecting him.

He's been poor for LFC  - and recenlty hit some heights.. Suarez could (I pray) outshine him quite easily ..

this

suarez will be our tevez, make no mistake.
Last edited by neil on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:55 pm

shabelle50 wrote:
zarababe wrote:Yep me too - wonder if Torres' feels the new kid on the block would takeover his 'darling of the kop' status, and thought he'd jump ship before the new kid..

I suspect that Suarez's imminent arrival has accelerated Torres's wish to leave. I'm sure it more than crossed his mind that he could end up being rotated in the premiership games till the end of the season with Suarez even if they worked as a partnership and that the fans would look to Suarez as the next hero.

I also think Torres advisors have probably advised him that if he doesn't leave Liverpool now he could end up playing second fiddle to Suarez in the future and that the club no longer hold Torres in the regard they did previously.

I doubt that. Lots of :censored: spread around this forum now just because a player wants to leave.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Luis Suarez Hails 'Beautiful Club' Liverpool, Sets Debut for Stoke Tie Wednesday

Luis Suarez traveled to England Saturday to take his medical examination and work out personal terms with the intention of making his Liverpool debut on Wednesday against Stoke, and the £22.8 million 24-year-old couldn't be more excited for the chance to do so, according to Sky Sports.

"It is important for anybody to go to such a big club. It is a great opportunity for me."

"It is a beautiful club. Everybody wants to play there. They always play Champions League or Europa League and belong to the top four clubs in the Premier League," he added.

While he is looking to be in a Liverpool uniform by midweek, Suarez may play a final match for Ajax on Sunday.

"It has been difficult, a lot of negotiation. Difficult for me as it concerns my future. I remain focused on the next match against NAC," he said.

Still, the Uruguyan is ready to move on.

"I am happy," he declared, regarding the transfer.

Suarez had been tipped to join Fernando Torres in a dream striking partnership at Anfield, but with Torres requesting a transfer and Chelsea poised to make a record-setting bid, whether or not such will come to fruition remains up in the air until Monday's transfer deadline.

http://www.nesn.com/2011....ay.html

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:01 am

He may play for Ajax on Sunday?  That's not smart.  What if he gets hurt?  I know I'll be p*ssed out of my mind.... It seems like the deal is done and through...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 am

Playing again for Ajax after we agreed a near £23m deal? WTF is all that about! Imagine the insurance premium for one game, its very unusual that, never heard anything like it  :shifty
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion