Euro 2012 thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Rooney and Young (along with Milner and Parker) were flat out awful today.  Note to Roy, don't pick anyone named Ashley for penos.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Thank god for that - get the Liverpool lads home now to rest and Gerrard please retire from Internationsal football
Benny The Noon

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

The Good Yank » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 pm wrote:Rooney and Young (along with Milner and Parker) were flat out awful today.  Note to Roy, don't pick anyone named Ashley for penos.

Young and Milner have been rubbish for England. I actually would have preferred Downing over Young.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:38 pm

One good thing though, the Liverpool players looked brilliant. How Carroll was kept on the bench is beyond me.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm

gerrard didnt do much either, i think the 4 games in a short space of time was too much for him. he walked more than he ran.
italy played them off the park, england did well to take it to pens.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm wrote:gerrard didnt do much either, i think the 4 games in a short space of time was too much for him. he walked more than he ran.

Dead on his feet during that game - suffering from Cramp.

He needs a big rest now.
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Too bad for England. I really wanted them to go trough because of our players in their squad, but I guess it is better they didn't win so we don't get our players injured (as we saw, Gerrard was almost finished).

Anyway, is it true that we are getting payed 100 million euros because we're giving England our players?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:46 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:45 pm wrote:Too bad for England. I really wanted them to go trough because of our players in their squad, but I guess it is better they didn't win so we don't get our players injured (as we saw, Gerrard was almost finished).

Anyway, is it true that we are getting payed 100 million euros because we're giving England our players?

I doubt that very much
Benny The Noon

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm wrote:gerrard didnt do much either, i think the 4 games in a short space of time was too much for him. he walked more than he ran.

In this game no, Gerrard was chasing all match to get the bloody ball, but no arguments he has been Englands best player.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 pm

No is the time for him to hang those England boots up.

And England technically , on the ball and ball retention wise were one of the worst teams in the Tournament

37% possesion average through the 5 games

Italy played more passes in that one game than England did the whole game. The also had more shots on goal than all the England games
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:46 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:45 pm wrote:Too bad for England. I really wanted them to go trough because of our players in their squad, but I guess it is better they didn't win so we don't get our players injured (as we saw, Gerrard was almost finished).

I doubt that very much

Me too, but the commentator mentioned it and he usually talks about confirmed information. If it's just a rumor or from an unreliable source, he says that it is.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Pirlo is still great and I dont understand why Roy decided to give him all the space he wanted.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:53 pm

mart » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 pm wrote:Pirlo is still great and I dont understand why Roy decided to give him all the space he wanted.

Because that didn't fit in with 20 year old tactics.

Everything was set in stone and nothing is altered to counter act the opposition
Benny The Noon

Postby fivecups » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:45 pm wrote:

Dead on his feet during that game - suffering from Cramp.

He needs a big rest now.

Surprised how one-sided that was after the first 20 minutes, England were completely dominated in terms of possession. For me, that was on the basis of midfield superiorty for Italy - Young/Milner/Parker/Gerrard were hammered. Pirlo ran the game. England probably needed a fifth midfielder with someone to man mark him. It's amazing it reached penalties.

I was in the pub - do you know who was to take the fifth peno?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:10 pm

mart » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 pm wrote:Pirlo is still great and I dont understand why Roy decided to give him all the space he wanted.

the plan was for rooney and wellbeck to drop back and close him down and they did that for half an hour but after that they started to flag, mind you they werent the only ones, all the england players looked heavy legged from the start.
rooney and gerrard in particular both looked f**king wiped out even in the first half.
that tactic of dropping deep and working their @rses off earlier in the tournament caught up with them, even if they would have won that penalty shootout they would have been in bulk playing germany midweek.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion