England vs portugal - Gerrard to score the winner

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:20 pm

Oasis I thought you were English? yet you keep referring to England as 'you' like you're of another nationality?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:28 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Oasis I thought you were English? yet you keep referring to England as 'you' like you're of another nationality?

I was born here, however my father is Mexican, therefore I choose to follow them.
48-1119859832

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:34 pm

Oasis the reason why we have got to 3 straight quarter finals is mostly down to the quality of players we have, with better management we would be a far better to watch side i am sure of that, its the managers and coaching staff that pick the systems and team selection.
And they are more often than not making poor decisions.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:27 pm

Stevie G should be able to be unleashed with Fat Frank not taking up so much space in midfield (literally) :cool:
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:29 pm

Look...the only reason England are still in the running is because they came out of a p.iss poor group and then met a 'star struck' Ecuador that suffered badly from stage fright.

Ciggy...if you would rather play sh.it football and win than play with style and flair then you are only interested in winning rather than playing the game for the beauty & the passion.

My team may be out of the running but they'll be remembered for playing with style, 100% effort and working for each other.

I would LOVE to see England get teir second title but there is NO WAY that I'll support them when they are playing ugly football.

C'mon Portugal.  :;):

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:36 pm

Steady Brad, Hats off to Australia they had ago.But the only reason they where there was coz they came out of a p!ss poor qualifying group.Irespect your sentiments on style of play,but would you really like them to be still there having played like England or back home throwing another sausage on the Barbi.
Last edited by The Red Baron on Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:40 pm

The good news is that Ronaldo missed training, and the bad news is that Frank is expected to be fit.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:40 pm

Lionheart wrote:My team may be out of the running but they'll be remembered for playing with style, 100% effort and working for each other.

Cant agree with yer mate, the Ozzies proceeded with total determination and passion and 100% team spirit but not with style, style is the Argies and the Spains of the world not England and not Australia either.
Of course I want England to play better we all do cause they can.
But you cant blame the players when the manager brought 4 strikers two unfit, one already gone home (Owen) and one thats never played a competitive game in his life.

And when the manager refuses to drop Beckham or Lampard and plays Steven Gerrard constantly out of position.
Until someone has the balls to play the best team and not just the best players unfortunatly you get these problems.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:50 pm

Cmon England........Its not how you start the tournament , its how you finish it
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:13 pm

Relax, I'm not attacking anyone personally. I'm merely making a comment on a series of observations I have made on the England team and their style of play.

The style has been anything but attractive or entertaining to watch. It's just sheer drudgery and yes, even ugly. I'm sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings but that's the way I see it. If England continue to play the way they have, I don't want them to win a second title.

would you really like them (Australia) to be still there having played like England or back home throwing another sausage on the Barbi.

This is a no win situation because if I answer to the affirmative for the first part of the question, I am condoning ugly football...and I don't. If I say I'd prefer them to be at home rather than playing ugly football, I'll be called a liar.

So call me a liar. I wanted Australia to play with an Australian attitude and determination...100% effort. Stand tall, be committed, play for each other. They bowed out in the round of 16 but I couldn't have been more proud. I was proud to be called Australian.

Please don't misunderstand me...nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see England lift the world cup (if only for the Liverpool lads) but I hope they would do it with style and grace, not in the fashion that has got them to this stage. Now whether that is the fault of Sven, the FA, the players, I don't know and frankly I don't particularly care...England aren't producing the goods that they are capable of and I'd prefer to see the WC go to a team that plays the game we all love so much with beauty and pizzaz. Can England do that?? :D
Last edited by Lionheart on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Looking at my World Cup Wallchart (family tradition) I've realised...Argentina scored first and lost.  Spain scored first and lost.  Mexico scored first and lost.

In these knock-out stages, every team that scores first had better then keep a clean sheet...or they'll be out.  Teams coming from behind are very dangerous, it's all about momentum.  This might suit Sven's idea of playing defensively, scraping together a goal then squeezing the life out of the game (sounds like Houllier all over again).

That's the trick Sven, score first then keep a clean sheet OR let them score first and come from behind.
:;):

I reckon Hansen's place as number one pundit is in danger!
:D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:57 pm

0asis wrote:You're very one dimensional as well which isn't good when you're going go up against great tacticans like Pekerman

Oh yeah Pekermen, what a tactical genius. The guy managed to completely derail his sides World Cup challenge with some crazy substitutions aginast Germany. He took off Requelme with more than 20 minutes to play and just a one goal lead. Then 10 minutes later he uses his last sub to bring on a striker meaning Messi has to sit on the bench as Germany equalise moments after leaving the Argies with no options for extra-time.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:53 am

I really think we are coming  home tomorrow.Wish i didnt think that way and i could be really up for it.On paper we should be a semi final team at least anyway,but performance wise i think we are the worst side there and its really starting to píss me off.Take Lampard for example he has done feck all,at Chelsea he might have 3 shots in a game and score two.In Germany hes had about 35 shots and not one has even been close,you tell me one shot the opposing keeper has had to work,his passing and short gam has been utter pants too.I can say the same about Beckham,Terry etc and creativity is a word they cant spell let alone do.Stevie G and Joe Cole are the only two who look like international players and to be honest i've expcted much more from them.Robinson scares the fecking life out of me and his decision making at crosses is woeful,having our old mate David James on the bench equally frightens me.To top it off we have the most tactically inept wánker of a coach in Sven,who when things are going wrong makes the most rediculous substitutions you can think of.Then we have Mclaren sitting next to him,OUR NEW MANAGER.......that concerns me big style too,because if he has no imput......why is he there,if he does have input..then fecking god help us for the next 4 years and expect much of the same.Like i said i hope i.m wrong but on hearing today that Rooney is playing the lone man again where 442 and Crouchie along side him i feel is what we need....(crouch would scare the life out of them) and his touch would play Rooney in.I can only see one winner.Sven is hoping Stevie and fat frank will get forward more and support Rooney.Lampard has been that shít and seems to be playing in wellies and Stevie is trying to do 3 jobs.........can you see it happening,i know i cant.........................England 1 portugal 2
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:04 am

I ain't english, but i hope england wins the world cup. U don't have to play "flowing" football to win the worldcup.

If that was the case, brazil will win the world cup every 4 years. Where is the fun in that ? Remember, we played pretty sh11ty football after equalising in the champions league final. Does it make that victory less sweet ? hell no.......

The problem with england is not its players....but its totally incompetant manager....Sven is even more negative than houllier....... The way i see it, if england can get this far with the worst manager in the world cup....then maybe it is fated that they are to win this year's world cup.

So comeon england...make this steven gerrard's two greatest  years. 

Tomorrow's Headline.........
Gerrard shoots england into the semis :buttrock
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:45 am

This world cup has been a little disappointing for me (bar the aussies), England is the only team left I have any feelings for.

C'mon England. :buttrock

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion