Champions league - New prediction competition

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Ah Mou, that open play zonal defence must be worked a lil bit more.

To be honest guys, I'm developing a bit of hatred to Barcelona, so I don't know who I want to go through.

If Inter wins, the newkit reds that like Mourinho will go on about him. If Barcelona wins, I have to hear to all the bandwagon supporters that are Barcelona fans around here and have never gone to a football stadium.

I think I preffer to read the newkit reds, let Mou win this.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:16 pm

BTW if Mourinho wins this draw, he will have proven with results that he's able to make a team go a step beyond in Europe without having all the economic resources -- although the madness change Etoo-Ibra + money helped him.

Inter goal...
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Excellent and intreguing first half, I still fancy Barca to convert their possession into goals ,but Inter are doing well on the break so you never know. Some of Barca's football is absolutely out of the top drawer. Ibrahimovic is still a conundrum, he just never looks like a £50million player to me, no doubt he will get a hatrick second half now  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Tactically it's been a really odd first half. Whatever the feck they're doing to counter Messi (and I must confess I can't get to watch the tv long enough to work it out) is working a treat, but I can't help thinking Inter will live to regret those couple of glaring misses.

I fancy Inter to get another here, but Barca to sweep them aside at Home. They are so obviously a much better team than Inter that I think they must prevail in the end, despite Mourinho's undoubted influence.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:14 pm

They have completely nullified Barca and Messi, the 2nd leg could be game of the season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Mourinho got it right, and was able to make Barcelona struggle.

Something that Chelsea already achieved last year, but Inter have been more effective.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:21 pm

bigmick wrote:Tactically it's been a really odd first half. Whatever the feck they're doing to counter Messi (and I must confess I can't get to watch the tv long enough to work it out) is working a treat, but I can't help thinking Inter will live to regret those couple of glaring misses.

I fancy Inter to get another here, but Barca to sweep them aside at Home. They are so obviously a much better team than Inter that I think they must prevail in the end, despite Mourinho's undoubted influence.

To be fair Mick it could be 6 or 7 -1 to inter. Barca have all the possession, but Inter are just hitting them on the break. Whether Inter can repeat this performance in the 2nd leg is another question, but they have been totally outplayed and are still winning 3-1 !
account deleted by request

Postby Greavesie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 pm

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:Tactically it's been a really odd first half. Whatever the feck they're doing to counter Messi (and I must confess I can't get to watch the tv long enough to work it out) is working a treat, but I can't help thinking Inter will live to regret those couple of glaring misses.

To be fair Mick it could be 6 or 7 -1 to inter. Barca have all the possession, but Inter are just hitting them on the break. Whether Inter can repeat this performance in the 2nd leg is another question, but they have been totally outplayed and are still winning 3-1 !

Got to say its pretty clear which of the two is the better footballing side. But Maureen knows that and if you try to play against Barca they will punish you. He's got it right tonight and is proving once again how good he is
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Julio-0 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Image Image
Julio-0

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Julio-0 wrote:Image Image

Great result tonight mate but I still fancy them to blow you away at Home. You'll need to score at least once I reckon.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 pm

That Ref was as bent as you could find , An Barca should of had a stonewall pen,
They will do them in the Nou Camp.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm

They did the same against Chelsea. Special is working your b0llocks off in tandem with your teammates to close the space, harry, block, tackle, head and produce on the break.
LFC2007

Postby Julio-0 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:05 pm

bigmick wrote:
Julio-0 wrote:Image Image

Great result tonight mate but I still fancy them to blow you away at Home. You'll need to score at least once I reckon.

i agree :)  :(
Julio-0

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 pm

I thought Lucio was absolutely huge for Inter tonight. Take him out of the team and they'd be 30% weaker IMHO, a really big character and a winner he is. I also thought the kid Ballotelli was awful when he came on, reminded me of Cisse on one of his more brainless days.

In all honesty Ibrhimovic was such a legend at Inter it was a brave move to sell him and invest in the team in the way Mourinho did. We may at some point have to consider a similar scenario with Torres if we are to get some cash together to improve the team. The key of course is who you buy once you've sold the crown jewels, and Wesley Snijder, Gabriel Milito and Samuel Eto was a swap and a half from what I can see.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:13 pm

In all honesty Ibrhimovic was such a legend at Inter it was a brave move to sell him and invest in the team in the way Mourinho did.

It's a great Mourinho success night and there's no point denying that. But brave? he was offered Etoo + a lot of money in exchange. Brave is not the word, any of us would have taken that unbelievable deal.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion