Beckham leaving madrid - Would we be interested?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:39 pm

This represents all that is wrong in football.

Beckham has never been a great player (see Zidane for that definition) and in my opinion has never been a very good player - I'd rate him as "good" - Ryan Giggs has always been much better.

He has a famous wife, is good looking and courts publicity and women and yanks know F**k all about football so will buy OK magazine as he hoars his family privacy.

He has never had ONE good international tournament and has certainly never been "world class"

He will sell merchandise in the same way rubbish japanese drivers get to drive F1 cars because of the money they get in.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:05 pm

Fook sake.  He'll be all over the media over here now rather than some shadowy figure that play some sport or other over in 'Urip' and shags a Spice Girl.  He'll be jumping up and down Oprah's couch soon enough, I expect.  The question is, who in the U.S. media will pick up the story faster: ESPN or "Entertainment Tonight"?  :O
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:10 pm

I've just heard on the radio he's sold his soul to some American soccerball team, for which he'll earn an obscene fortune the jammy fuckwit.

Haven't read the rest of the posts in this thread, no doubt I'm not the first person onto it but fuckinell, he'll be on his way to being a dollar billionaire if he's lucky.
jonnymac1979

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:18 pm

good luck to the bloke i say. when he plays he gives 100%, so who cares why people buy him, good luck to the guy
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:40 pm

No way would I want Beckham and the circus that surrounds him at LFC.

He's slower and heavier than the player that left England, not to mention being completely shot of confidence since England axed him.

I also think his set piece deliveries (which used to be the best in the world bar none) are nowhere near what they used to be, probably because he hasn't put the time in on the training field practicing them like he did at United - he's too much of a celebrity for that now.

His pride won't let him move back to England for someone like Bolton or Spurs and neither will his wench.  I think the rumours of him winding down his career in the States are far nearer the mark.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:49 pm

it actually works out that he is gonna be on less than michael ballack... if u look at all figures... so again the media just trying to wind up the public

An annual salary of $10m

His existing sponsorship contracts with his four sponsors - Motorola, Pepsi, Gillette and Volkswagen - is estimated to be worth $25m

His merchandising shirt sales will bring in $10m

His share of the club profits: $10m
That adds up to $55m. Multiply it by five and you get well over $275m which is the latest figure being hammed around
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:30 pm

Well the BBC say he has signed a deal worth £128 over 5 years and they are the most reliable news source around, I wouldnt be surprised either, he would make a club over in the US well over £25m a year.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:00 am

Wow awesom deal :O whatever you think of the guy, what a deal - only in America ay :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Posh spice denies diet fears
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby CardinalRed » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:18 pm

The LA Galaxy ain't all that..... If you were to compare them to a Prem' side you'd pick a Fulham or a Middlesboro'. The balance of power in the MLS tips in favour of the east coast..... I hope the New England Revolution (coached by Stevie Nicol) give 'em a towelling when they play them.
Oh, and when they play the Houston Dynamo (featuring Paul Dalglish) I hope Kenny's lad gives him a tap or two on the ankles!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:18 pm

At the end of the day, I suppose he will put ar$es in seats. 

After all, who else would watch him?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby liverpool009 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:06 pm

you dont have to have pace beckham can pace the ball from anywhere Dwight Yorke and Ruud van Nistelrooy love him  he was a great player but if i was offered £128million a year i would go  would u not?

liverpool009

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:57 pm

He was a great player?

I can name no international tournament that he played well in. Can you?

Don't believe the hype.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:07 pm

There's a lot of lemons in here who need to grow up . Beckham's a working class fella who made the most of his ability , if he'd played for us you'd all be singing a different song .

£128 million for five years work ? I say good luck to the fella , he's obviously got more brain than most of us gave him credit for.

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:29 pm

I really hope this ends up being a trend in the US, and other Football superstars from europe choose to come to the States to finish their career, not to improve the play, but to give me a chance to watch some of the best players ever, even if they are past their prime.  But this should create more interest in the MLS pumping more money into the league, which can be used to bring in young Mexican, Argentinian, and Brazilian talent, which can improve the overall quality of football in the league, and then the sky is the limit.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion