Cisse vs pongolle

Cisse
36%
Pongolle
64%

Total votes : 80

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:52 am

Agreed.

It frustrates me seeing Cisse in ahead of him though. I'd love to see Sinama given a run of five or six games to show what he can do. Everyone else has had it, he's never complained and always shown good attitude. He closes defenders down and works hard and is unselfish aswell.

Five or six games, we would see what he's really made of. My guess is if he did get a run like that he'd do well, score 2 or 3 goals and improve as a player.

Hopefully he's just earned that chance.
115-1073096938

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:45 am

The problem with me and pongolle si that i still dont think he can do it for 90 minutes for us. He is perfect to bring on when we need something different. isse is doing ok if u ask me. hes playing more down the right and is also creating goals. He needs to work on his first touch, but so do most of our strikers.

Im not sure where all the hostility against cisse is coming from. And why can we not keep both? i dont see the point of getting rid of cisse, the guy has got class and hes shown it in bits and now his passing game is getting better and everyone i screaming that hes useless
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:20 am

I've never been Pongolle's biggest fan but he was blistering when he came off the bench against Luton. It is a championship defence though, and we are comparing him to strikers and indeed to a team which had the look of being extremely jaded (FWIW i felt this was the game where all our travelling finally caught up with us).
All that said, he did very well and it was his movement for the first goal which really made me sit up and take notice. Three steps backwards to open the door for the pass. Awareness and a football brain, followed by pace and a good finish. I thought that was really top drawer strikers goal and it caused me to conclude that he is a better player than I had given him credit for. The header was a fantastic goal but as I've said in an earlier post, it could've been an instinctive one-off.
Suffice to say that if I was one of the apparantly numerous clubs sniffing around him for between 2 and 3.5 million I'd be getting a little nervous right now. If I was Rafa, I'd start him against Spurs. The lads earned it by keeping us in the FA Cup.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:34 pm

He also knows hoes to score in the big matches. He scored the first in that comeback against Olympiakos, scored a spectacular lob against Betis and was denied what could have been a vital equaliser in th final of the CWC. And scored 2 vital goals which turned the game for us against Luton. If you asked me i think in Pongoller we have more room to develop his game. Yes Cisse does have good pace and at time he does know how to get it in the back of the net but i watch Sinema and his touch is good, he sticks the ball to his feets well and he scored with his head and feet so he does have some variation about him. I think Sinama has improved a lot training under Benitez. Cisse has to but he still makes the same silly mistakes. He was clean through on goals before we made it 3-2 and his first touch was awful especially in a situation like that we need clinical finishing. IE what Sinama gave us. I think had Sinama started more games he possibly could have edged Cisse out of the squad.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:40 pm

sinama pongolle has more footballing ability than cisse will ever have. look at the guy's touch, control, awareness and ability to find space. it's all there and has the ability to improve even more given a run of games. sinama playing off crouch has the potential to be a devastating partnership.

compare this to cisse on saturday who showed shocking control on more than one occasion, missed a penalty, wasted possession endless times in the final third and ran offside on umpteen occasions.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:42 pm

Agreed. I think people like Cisse beascue apart form occasionly scored he does give  alot of effort, but like St Michael pointed out he doesnt have much natural ability. i thik if we got rid of Cisse and signed Walcott we could have one of the best striking parterships in he prem.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:44 pm

Flo Po is the better footballer with more footballing skill and talent.

Cisse just has pace and a hard shot IF he hits it right and IF he gets gets his first touch correct.

Flo Po is better, and saturdays game has just helped to reemphasise that.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:54 pm

flo po came on against a knackered luton side, lets not forget this.
its not like he started against a blistering defense and tore them apart.
cisses first touch was shocking, but why has no one mentioned how crouh played?

hypocrites!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:why has no one mentioned how crouch played?

because the thread's about FSP and cisse :p

nah in all fairness, crouch had probably his worst game in a red shirt. kewell, hyypia, carragher and riise also had shockers.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:59 pm

touche mike. i get what everyone is saying about cisse, but they are taking the pongolle thing totally too far. I admit he did good, hes a good player. but weve had him for a few eyars now and whenever he gets a start and a little run in the team he doesnt deliver. he always ddoes deliver tho when we need something different. am i the only one seeing this?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:27 pm

stmichael wrote:
dawson99 wrote:why has no one mentioned how crouch played?

because the thread's about FSP and cisse :p

nah in all fairness, crouch had probably his worst game in a red shirt. kewell, hyypia, carragher and riise also had shockers.

I agree Crouch had his worst game for us and couldnt keep the ball and was physically knocked off it too many times.
Makes you wonder if he was still at Southampton in the championship whether he would hack it,based on Saturdays match it makes you think.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:i thik if we got rid of Cisse and signed Walcott we could have one of the best striking parterships in he prem.

Bav you are going through a strange period at the moment. Walcott is sixteen years of age and it would be wise to remember this before talking of him in such terms. Though he clearly has potential it would be wise to not get too carried away. Him being part of one of the best striking partnerships in the Premiership is unlikely to happen anytime soon.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:36 pm

dawson99 wrote:flo po came on against a knackered luton side, lets not forget this.
its not like he started against a blistering defense and tore them apart.
cisses first touch was shocking, but why has no one mentioned how crouh played?

hypocrites!

Because Crouch is a good player and plays well 8 times out of 10. Cisse is a poor player and plays poorly 8 times out of 10.

Simple really. Bad players get slated, good players don't.

The likes of Alonso and Hyypia and Carragher have earnt the right to play poorly this season.

As for those saying Kewell played poorly i think we were watching a different game, Kewell done alright and during the second half was probably one of our better players.
115-1073096938

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:46 pm

maybe i just notice different things to u stu. cisse set up one fo the goals. ok, he missed the penalty, and that annoyed everyone but i still say cisse has a lot to fofer liverpool and he will show it at some point this season... i hope lol
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:58 pm

As for Cisse setting up the goal, yes, he was involved, but it was more Gerrard's brilliance than Cisse's square pass that was important.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls